Sunday, October 21, 2012

Disney Perfect


As many of you know, my father is actually the one who has turned me into such a Disney fan. Without him, I doubt I'd care half as much about it. Dad and I like to nerd out to all things Disney, so this story is rather fitting.
I took a trip to the southwest, where we read that due to covenants, most of the adobe structures aren't really adobe, they are newer and have a frame. They also have to use specific colors. Earth tones. Although, admittedly their "earth tones" are different than the ones I know.
The point is, everything is perfectly painted and trimmed in a bright turquoise or purple and anything that looks old, does so flawlessly.
I was looking at the city and I told my dad "Everything here looks Disney perfect" and it made me think. How is it that beauty and perfection has to pass the Disney Test for me? When did perfection and Disney become synonymous?
Here's my question for you, do you have any Disney Perfect places you've been to (other than Disneyland, or Disney World of course) and what makes it "Disney Perfect"?

No comments:

Post a Comment