Saturday, April 21, 2012

Space Mountain

Space Mountain is an indoor dark roller coaster located in Tomorrow Land (both in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World, in Orlando, Florida and Disney Land in Anaheim, California). The futuristic queue line, and space music build excitement as passengers wait to enter their space ships and blast off. The ride takes you through sudden drops, and sharp turns.
When I was 10, I was terrified to ride Space Mountain, while my little sister cried because she was not aloud to ride. My face grew pale and my breathing was heavy as I strapped myself into the vehicle and triple checked the lap bar to make sure it was secure. The ride had commenced, and it was too late to turn back. We flew through the tunnel and up into the darkness. Suddenly, I realized something, I was not going to die! I laughed and put my hands in the air (DO NOT put your hands up on this ride! I will explain later). I found my new favorite ride! I had every Nemer of my family ride with me at least twice until they refused to ride it again! I conquered my fear and loved this new adventure!
Now that I am older, I am a little more afraid of space mountain than I used to be. When I was younger, I could ignore the tracks and the wood stricture and imagine that I was flying. Now that I am older, I can see the structure, and it looks much closer to the ride vehicle that I am comfortable with.
Despite what I just said, my favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom remains Space Mountain! I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment