Monday, April 30, 2012

5 Tips for Staying Sane on Finals Week

I know this has nothing to do with Disney, but I am in the middle of finals week, and I hope to help as many college students as I can. So here is my list of things I do to make finals week a bit easier. 
1. Enjoy the little things.  You can't do homework on the drive home, so instead of stressing about it, enjoy the ride.  Put homework out of your head for the amount of time that it takes to get from school to home.  Take the long way if you want.  You can spare 5 minutes for your sanity.
2. Prioritize. Take a look at all of the assignments and studying that you have to do, and do them in order of greatest importance.  While doing one assignment, put the others out of your head.
3. Get rid of distraction.  It is tempting to text, and socialize while doing homework, but don't do it! Do not sign onto Facebook, or text.  Turn your phone off or silence it.  Trust me, the time will move by much faster when you are focused on your work.
4. Calm down. If you need to cry, or scream or whatever, do it. Just get it over with, and move forward.
5. Sleep! Sleep is way more valuable than studying in the midnight hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment